Home | Toll Free Phone 1800 177 989
Product Menu

Automotive
Industrial
Now Viewing: About Us > History 

A Brief History of Permatex

1999
- Permatex was purchased by a group of private investors and an unprecedented 50 new products were introduced
- Permatex acquired the No Touch® tire care line
- Permatex purchased the Loctite Mexican Hardware Business
- Permatex purchased the NOS® (Nitrous Oxide Systems) fuel and fluid additive and treatment product lines

1990
- Following the acquisition of DL Banite Inc, Permatex launched the Fast Orange® range of citrus hand cleaners

1980
- The Woodhill Permatex division moved to a new 175,000 square foot facility with over 100 employees

1972
- The Permatex Company was sold to Loctite Corporation and the business relocated to Cleveland Ohio and integrated with the Woodhill Chemical Company

1963
- The Automotive Warehouse Distributor's Association (AWDA) honored Pete Benoit with the prestigious Automotive Man of the Year award
- The Permatex Company built a 12,000 square foot corporate and international sales office in West Palm Beach

1962
- Company headquarters relocated to West Palm Beach

1954
- Permatex manufacturing plant relocated from Brooklyn, New York to Kansas City to take advantage of a more central shipping location

1915
- Founder Mr Constant A. Benoit Sr. attended a 24-hour endurance race at the Sheepshead Bay track, observing many cars forced to make frequent pit stops to replace blown cylinder head gaskets.  The mechanic for driver Ralph DePalma's car sought Benoit's help after DePalma's car blew the head gasket for the fourth time. Benoit applied his experimental gasket cement and the DePalma car drove the rest of the 24-hour race without any further gasket problems.  Thus, Permatex entered the automotive chemicals market.

1909
- Permatex sold their first product, a shellac designed to bond bicycle tires to their rims

Kook web design